“Never Walk Alone” I remember the day just like it was yesterday. It was unexpectedly cool for a “Summer Day in Georgia” All of the planning, the phone calls and the decision making had some to this June 2015 day: … Continue reading
Meet “The Wallaces” of Georgia. I have personally known Stephanie for almost a year now. Stephanie played a major role as a part of Z. Curlett Events “Dream Team” during our 2013 Wedding Season. Stephanie is God fearing, extremely talented, a sweetheart to work with and someone that loves and adores her husband. I am so excited to share with you the story of Floyd and Stephanie, here goes:
Date Married: 04.05.03 (ONE Decade)
Where Did You Meet? We met at his job. I was picking my uncle up from work and he thought that introducing Floyd to me was a good idea. Turns out, it was!
1. If you could choose something that represents or symbolizes your marriage, what would that be? A rope with three strands. That represents, God, Floyd and Me. It is a covenant between us that is tied together. There is a knot at the end that will always keep us together.
2. What is your definition of LOVE as it relates to your marriage? Love means having unwavering respect, embracing our individuality, being friends and bringing our “A” game in all aspects of our relationship.
3. What has made your LOVE last for over a DECADE? We truly enjoy each others company as friends and lovers.
4. If you were asked to counsel a young couple, what (4) things would you express to them?
-Communication – which means adequate, honest talks as well as active listening
-Respect – always respect each other especially as the two of you change over the years
-Keep It Fresh – Go on dates, try new things
-Keep Everything in Perspective – There will be times when you may disagree but if you understand that you are in this together and keep God first, he will give you the proper perspective
5. Do you agree or disagree with this statement: “After a period of time in every marriage the “NEW LOVE” feeling fades” We both said DISAGREE. In a relationship that is ordained by God, there will be changes that will bring about the opportunity to experience love anew.
6. If your MARRIAGE was a movie, which movie would you be? When Harry Met Sally, its funny, its romantic and its got good and bad times but they always stick together
Some people will spend months and even years planning their “Dream Wedding”. Picking the right flowers, the perfect venue, their favorite flavor of cake: and the list goes on. Those same people stress for months about who will come, who will forget and who just simply is not going to be invited. Then comes time to plan the honeymoon, will we select a European vacation or should we take a cruise around the Caribbean? Paris will be nice in the spring. So many decisions have to be made….
Now the big day has come and gone…
All of your many gifts have been unpacked, you are looking at the wedding video with a heart full of joy; you’ve married the man or woman of your dreams…
Fast forward 10 years: What are you doing to make LOVE last? Are you reminding each other with sexy little notes, are you scheduling a date night once a week, are you spending quality time cuddling watching old movies? It doesn’t matter what you do to keep the flames burning as long as you do something!!!
The easy part is getting married, let’s put more focus on staying that way!
Z. Curlett Events
Day of Coordinator: Z. Curlett Events
Live Sax: Mike Jones
Photo: Amanda Greene Photography
Floral & Décor: Elite Design
DJ: Spontaneous Entertainment
Programs: Cherish Paperie
Lorenzo & Robyn Thomas (Established 1994) TWO Decades of Marriage
Let me introduce to you Mr. & Mrs. Thomas. They are on their second DECADE of Love and was very eager to share their story, Here goes!
Married: June 12, 1994
State of Residence: Alabama
Q: If you could choose something that represents or symbolizes your relationship, what would that be? I would say a “Phoenix”. A Phoenix symbolizes renewal, heavenly life, the exceptional man and certain aspects of Christian Life. Which I can say represents us.
Q: What is your definition of LOVE as it relates to your marriage? Love is being able to love someone through the good, the bad and the ugly. It is not giving up on him or her and loving without giving it a second thought
Q: What makes your LOVE last after all of these years? Our LOVE has lasted the test of time because we still look at each other the same way we did when we first met in 1993. We still sneak away for secret kisses and are constantly giving each other romantic glances and winks from across the room
Q: If you were asked to counsel a newly married or recently engaged couple, what (3) things would you express to them (in making LOVE last? (1) Your marriage should ALWAYS include God, each other and no one else (2) Learn to enjoy the simple things in life, it will help especially during the tougher times (3) Always find things to laugh about. Laughter is good for the soul. You don’t have to always be so serious about everything.
Q: Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with the following statement “After a period of time in every marriage, the “New Love” feeling fades? (Please explain your answer) I agree, just like anything new after a while you begin to loose interest…But this is when you have to try new things to keep it SPICY and regenerate that flame!