Class of 2016: Norcross High School This day was exceptionally special because of all of the Graduation Photo Sessions that I have coordinated over the years none have brought me more joy than this one right here. This Class of … Continue reading
“Never Walk Alone” I remember the day just like it was yesterday. It was unexpectedly cool for a “Summer Day in Georgia” All of the planning, the phone calls and the decision making had some to this June 2015 day: … Continue reading
Today we are so excited to feature M&A Photography as our “Vendor of the Week”
1. How long have you been in business? “We started this journey just over 4 years ago”
2. Tell us what we should know about Marcus and Aisha. “I really love my job! There is something about capturing the happiest moments in people’s lives that makes our lives better”
3. What makes you guys different from other photographers in the Atlanta area? “We offer albums with all of our collections. We don’t like to give away only digital files. We love giving our couples something that they can hold.”
4. Why should brides hire M&A Photography? “They should hire us because they will receive the highest quality of photography with great customer service that will have them feeling like they have made a new friend, rather than a hired wedding vendor.
5. What services do you offer to brides? Do you have a specialty? “We offer photography (boudoir/bridal/wedding) and will be offering video for 2016 weddings. We specialize in fine art and lifestyle images”
6. Who is your ideal client? “Our ideal client is laid back and sweet. Chances are she loves things like Pinterest and texting. Her phone is more than likely filled with screenshots of wedding pictures and a countdown to my wedding app. For my client this wedding is going to be the highlight of her life because she is head over heels in love.”
7. Do you travel or are all of your clients in the Metro Atlanta area? “We LOVE to travel! Whether it be a destination wedding or an out of state client I always look forward to visiting new venues/locations”
8. How can brides reach you all? “Through the website is always great http://www.MNAphotoz.com but our phone number is 678-421-4219”
9. Where can you be found on Social Media? (Facebook) BaltimoreWeddingPhotographer (Twitter) MnAphotoz (Instagram) wisephotographyatl (Pinterest: MNAphotoz
10. Is there anything else that you would like to add? We are currently running a special on 2015 weddings: $2000 includes engagement session, his and her photographers, up to 8 hours of coverage, online proofing gallery with shopping cart and delivery of all edited images with print release. Receive an 8×10 Flushmount Album when booked before April 30, 2015
When Erica called me late 2013 telling me about her wedding vision and her love for this guy named Stenio, I knew that this was a wedding that I really wanted to work on. I could hear the LOVE in … Continue reading
When it’s time to sit down with your wedding photographer to choose a location for your engagement photos, think about a location that is sentimental and means something to you as a couple. Consider the following:
1. At the first restaurant he ever took you to
2. The park where he proposed
3. The location of the venue.
4. The location that you guys went on your first date
These are just some ideas…Be as creative as you can be. Remember to relax, unwind and have fun!
Z. Curlett Events
Meet “The Wallaces” of Georgia. I have personally known Stephanie for almost a year now. Stephanie played a major role as a part of Z. Curlett Events “Dream Team” during our 2013 Wedding Season. Stephanie is God fearing, extremely talented, a sweetheart to work with and someone that loves and adores her husband. I am so excited to share with you the story of Floyd and Stephanie, here goes:
Date Married: 04.05.03 (ONE Decade)
Where Did You Meet? We met at his job. I was picking my uncle up from work and he thought that introducing Floyd to me was a good idea. Turns out, it was!
1. If you could choose something that represents or symbolizes your marriage, what would that be? A rope with three strands. That represents, God, Floyd and Me. It is a covenant between us that is tied together. There is a knot at the end that will always keep us together.
2. What is your definition of LOVE as it relates to your marriage? Love means having unwavering respect, embracing our individuality, being friends and bringing our “A” game in all aspects of our relationship.
3. What has made your LOVE last for over a DECADE? We truly enjoy each others company as friends and lovers.
4. If you were asked to counsel a young couple, what (4) things would you express to them?
-Communication – which means adequate, honest talks as well as active listening
-Respect – always respect each other especially as the two of you change over the years
-Keep It Fresh – Go on dates, try new things
-Keep Everything in Perspective – There will be times when you may disagree but if you understand that you are in this together and keep God first, he will give you the proper perspective
5. Do you agree or disagree with this statement: “After a period of time in every marriage the “NEW LOVE” feeling fades” We both said DISAGREE. In a relationship that is ordained by God, there will be changes that will bring about the opportunity to experience love anew.
6. If your MARRIAGE was a movie, which movie would you be? When Harry Met Sally, its funny, its romantic and its got good and bad times but they always stick together
Some people will spend months and even years planning their “Dream Wedding”. Picking the right flowers, the perfect venue, their favorite flavor of cake: and the list goes on. Those same people stress for months about who will come, who will forget and who just simply is not going to be invited. Then comes time to plan the honeymoon, will we select a European vacation or should we take a cruise around the Caribbean? Paris will be nice in the spring. So many decisions have to be made….
Now the big day has come and gone…
All of your many gifts have been unpacked, you are looking at the wedding video with a heart full of joy; you’ve married the man or woman of your dreams…
Fast forward 10 years: What are you doing to make LOVE last? Are you reminding each other with sexy little notes, are you scheduling a date night once a week, are you spending quality time cuddling watching old movies? It doesn’t matter what you do to keep the flames burning as long as you do something!!!
The easy part is getting married, let’s put more focus on staying that way!
Z. Curlett Events
Day of Coordinator: Z. Curlett Events
Live Sax: Mike Jones
Photo: Amanda Greene Photography
Floral & Décor: Elite Design
DJ: Spontaneous Entertainment
Programs: Cherish Paperie
The day was October 25th, 2013; we’d just embarked on a day of fun and adventure in Montego Bay, Jamaica, visiting the beautiful island courtesy of my college friend’s destination wedding. We started our morning with an early morning breakfast and then we decided to try our hand at some water sports. First, we did a little kayaking, but under Stenio’s (mis)direction, we would have been vacationing with his family in Haiti if I’d let him continue to guide us. So, I managed to get us back on track and back to shore safely, where we then took up some water tubing and wind surfing.
After our morning of fun, we had worked up an appetite and decided to venture off the resort to the city of Montego Bay to find some authentic Jamaican food. Stenio hired us a cab driver to show us around for a few hours, and we found a small, Jamaican, family-owned place for lunch. While eating and taking in the wonder that is Jamaica, Stenio asked me, ”Would you marry me?” Though I knew he was joking, as he’s asked me the same question numerous times before, I told him yes, as I’ve told him numerous times before, and then he said we were married. I told him that I didn’t have a ring, so he made a ring out of our used straw wrapper, placed it on my ring finger, and we continued on with our day. Of course, that ring fell off.
Our driver continued our island tour, taking us through the hills to see the mansions and the slums. He also took us to an old hotel that sat atop a mountain, overlooking Montego Bay. The view was breath-taking, with the sun setting over the island. In my mind, I thought, “this would be a beautiful spot for a proposal…”
On the way back to the resort, our driver stopped so that we could do a little shopping and visit Margaritaville. While shopping, Stenio became very quiet and reserved, but I figured he was just worn out from our busy day, so I ignored him. It was a quiet ride back to the hotel and a silent walk to our room.
Before we got dressed for dinner, I decided I wanted to go sit on the beach right outside of our room for a bit, but Stenio insisted that we needed to talk. I told him I’d be back after I went to the beach, but he was adamant that I needed to come to the room right then!
When I walked into the room, Stenio was sitting on the bed. He looked up at me and asked me if I wanted to marry him. Assuming he was carrying over our conversation from lunch, I started to answer, but he continued, telling me that he loved me, and that I’d made a huge impact in his life since the day he met me. He told me that he had wanted to do “this” at our beachfront dinner scheduled for later that night, but he wanted it just to be the two of us. He didn’t want anyone else around because he wanted the moment to be about us, as our relationship was going to be between us. Catching on that he was indeed proposing, when he asked me to marry him again, he reached in his pocket and pulled out a beautiful engagement ring. Of course I said, “YES!”
Venue: Old Courthouse on the Square
City: Decatur, GA
Theme: “All Things Atlanta”
Coordinator: Z. Curlett Events http://www.zcurlettevents.com
Video Credit: White Dress Media